Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Another Review of Felicity's Clothes Press (LONG)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kamakajr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just received the new clothes press today but I am heading out the door to work, so I will do a quick review for you. I know there were earlier reviews of the new clothes press on this Board that were less than complimentary, but I will give you mine based on what I see.

    IT IS GORGEOUS!!!!! It was by far the tallest box I have ever received from AG, extremely well-packed and protected. They could not have packed it better. The press is enormous and heavy. The wood is rich and beautiful, ultra smooth to the touch, and the detailing on the front of the clothes press is just exquisite. For those of you who haven't seen the new clothes press in person, it appears to be drawers, but it is actually a fairly deep closet, with a door that looks like drawers. There are three very short pegs at the back of the press to hang clothes or whatever on (less than 2 inches, though I think, so you can't hold much!) but otherwise its a big empty space. The boxes (there are two) are pretty and they can be stored on top because the press is definitely deep enough.

    I'm not storing my dolls in them but need to devise a way I can efficiently utilize all the space in the press. I don't generally like to be saddled with a lot of drawers and contraptions in the AG trunks, since my stuff never seems to ever fit the way I want it to in Kit's and Molly's trunks, for example (some of the drawers are just too small). I like that the new clothes press allows me to tailor it to my own needs even if that means I have to go out and look for ways to organize everything.

    Looks: A++++

    Cost: C. Probably should have been around $150 like the trunks since $175 is pretty hefty, even for us diehard AG fans. But it is well worth $150, IMO. I know many of you know people who can make you much nicer ones for less, but I can't, so $150 is a good price to me.

    Utility: off the shelf I would give it a B (although you can get really creative with it, like your own closets at home and turn it in to an A!). I wouldn't give it any lower than a B because it can be VERY useful, once you figure out how you will use the enormous space!

    Its big and bulky and will need some work to get it to fit your doll needs. But man, oh man, I wish I had a life-size one for myself, it is simply stunning. If you have the space in your home, buy it. There is no way I would ever return this item to AG.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wonderful that you liked it! Can you take pics of it with the items?? this way I will make my decision if I will purchase it or not. Thanks!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member kamakajr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ria, I have it hidden in the closet right now but when I get the girls to bed, I will try to post close up pictures so you can see the detail.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •